Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ship Series

So as I was thinking of a better things to write tonight, then Qya Jim came in to our room and brag about his new 1 singapore dollar bill so as Usi (wants to know everything) as I'am I took a look at it and sympre.. ask for 1 as a souvenir.. He said a cab driver or vendor i'm not sure gave him this as a change... he have 5 pieces of them and the other 1 was different so he gave this one since the 3 other bills were just like this.
so as I was thinking how to put this here, I wondered what year it was printed out and if its the first print for its batch . I decided to googled it, to be more accurate, then I found out its not a new bill but an old one, almost my age to be exact coz it was first release in between 1985 & 1989, and that this 1 dollar bill is called the Ship series next to the Bird Series (which is their 2nd series of notes) and the first one is the Orchid series. Cool right I didn't know that every series of notes in here got a special theme or something.. these series are all in paper material.
The latest that Singapore is using are the Portrait series which at first was in paper material too but by the year 2006 they started using the polymer which kind a like plastic. Maybe they thought that with plastic they don't have to change the bills as often than the usual coz it'll not deteriorate quickly, but its easy to tear tho.
this c/20 066522 got me curious what its all about, so I fished for more info about it and how it works but sadly there is none but... as I was searching for it I found out that the same dollar bill but with a serial (i don't know if its called serial) Z/1 472023 is in eBay for the price of 35RM which is equivalent to $14sg.

Its really worth something right.. more than the one dollar that its worth. I felt lucky and happy coz I was able to find out a little something something about singapore too, History that is.. although its still about money, which is the reason why I am here.. heh

No comments:

Post a Comment